Alas, Pluto's planet status has been revoked
. It's been demoted, voted off.
The solar system feels so incomplete now. Pluto, as the tiny, cold ninth planet floating around in the outer reaches of our solar system, was always my favorite. I suppose it's my favorite "dwarf planet" now, whatever that means.
Worst of all, the mnemonic I've used for the past 20+ years to remember the order of the planets is totally defunct. My very elegant mother used to just sit upon nine pies. But she can't sit upon nine. Unless it's the number nine, but -- no, the grammar just doesn't work.
I think it's safe to assume that the question on everybody's mind in the scientific community is: what will replace the mnemonic? Some possibilities:
- My very eloquent mother* just shut up now.
- My veranda excites me just so unexpectedly now.
- My very excitable mother* just started using narcotics.
- Maybe Vatican executives murdered junkies swiftly, using ninjas.
* No offense, Mom. I'm neither suggesting nor reporting that you, specifically, shut up or use narcotics.